“头发杀手斑秃性脱发” (中英文) [复制链接]

主题

帖子

金币
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-3-28 17:00:51 | 只看该作者 |倒序浏览         交流QQ群:86809880
本帖最后由 jamesli 于 2011-3-28 17:01 编辑

看了一篇来自纽约时报记者采访哥伦比亚大学医学中心皮肤病学及遗传学副教授的文章,其中记者与教授的对话被无数的媒体所转载,之后也被译成了中文,下面就来与大家分享一下,看看大家对此文章有什么好的见解?
头发杀手斑秃性脱发

克劳迪娅德里菲卡丝

December 27, 2010

来源:纽约时报

安吉拉克里斯娅诺,45岁,哥伦比亚大学医学中心皮肤病学及遗传学副教授,研究毛发,去年夏天,她宣布了一项与遗传基因有牵连的斑秃性脱发,她曾经患过的一种脱发疾病的发现。我们在华盛顿高地她的实验室里交谈了两个小时并且后来又在电话里交谈。以下是编辑过的两次谈话版本。

露丝弗莱姆森/纽约时报

命运之手 安吉拉克丽丝提诺诊断患斑秃症之后不久就研究斑秃症

安吉拉克里丝提诺医生关于脱发及为什么治疗斑秃症不只是仅仅治疗一种美容病的问题

问:您是什么时候首次得知您已经患了斑秃性脱发的呢?

答:在1995年,那是我生活大转折的一段时间。在杰弗逊医学院遗传进行的关于起泡性皮肤病博士后研究圆满地成功之后,我已经来到这里,在哥伦比亚启动我自己的实验室。我当时刚刚三十出头。我当时还正在闹离婚。当启动了第一个实验室时,一个研究者就会期望发现一些与他们博士后工作所不同的重要的事情。我在这儿的第一个六个月里,我老是坐在那儿浮想联翩,“当我变得成熟以后我将干些什么呢?”

在此期间,又一次我到美容院去,后来那个设计师说,“怎么了这是?你的脑袋后面一大片没头发。”我当时没有理会那个茬儿。但是第二天在实验室里,我要一个同事给我看一看。她发出一声令人毛骨悚然的尖叫:“你的头上露出了好大一块儿头皮!”

我立即朝这儿的诊所走去。他们说:“哦,你得了斑秃症。我们对这种病无能为力。”

问:斑秃性脱发遗传。您有患这种病的亲戚吗?

答:我妈妈和她的母亲从年轻时就脱发。我有个表姐头发都掉光了。具有讽刺意味儿的是头发是我们家庭生活的一大部分。我爷爷在意大利是个理发师,后来到了新泽西。而且我的母亲退休前是个美发师。我是我们家上大学和研究院的第一人:罗格斯大学。我母亲现在说,“你不过是又一个玩儿头发的人 – 不过是一种不同的玩儿法。

问:这种病历是如何导致你的研究的?

在我诊断患了斑秃症数月之间,我一直恐慌不安,心惊肉跳。每天早上,我醒来时总想知道是否正在掉头发。接着新的脱发区域就又出现了。我极其用心地通过梳理头发去遮盖掉头发的地方。然后就又有新的脱发区域出现。就像在水坝上戳了很多洞一样非常恐怖。两年之后这种现象终于停止了。

我开始阅读所有关于斑秃症的报纸论文。在我研究的这些资料中,没有人过多地谈论有关头发的问题。我想或许原因是因为治疗这种病的方法已经被想出来了。当我开始调查发掘的时候,我看到的真正的结果却与之相反。我想,“或许这就是命运之手指引我走向这个主题?这可是一个完全开放的领域。”如果我能确定斑秃症与遗传基因有牵连,然后有可能我就能想出它们起了什么作用,而且那可能就是治疗的方法。

在我生命的这段期间,有了在实验室研究它的机会是保持我精神正常的原因之一。那种病特别令人精神恍惚不定。

问:为什么脱发研究的状况一直处于最低谷呢?

我想这是因为它被看作是一个“美容”问题的缘故。只是威胁生命的疾病才能得到优先考虑 – 还有金钱的因素。另一个问题是在1996年,方法还没有准备好。人类基因组计划尚未完成自己的工作。没有路径图。还没有人已经解决一个与多种基因有牵连,哪一个是斑秃症所牵连的基因的复杂病症。

问:那么你是如何克服那个问题的?

答:你可以看见我们就快要得到那些方法了。每年都得去参加例会而且那儿有许多就要发生的令人激动的事情。我的计划是为了基因组能够绘制成图的日子的到来把所有的事情都安排得有条有理。当我们等待的时候,我们通过尝试发现能够控制正常头发生长周期的单一基因,试着为该研究奠定基础。通过寻找仅有一种基因是导致脱发症的罕见疾病的方法,我们获悉了其中的一些基因。我们实验室就发现了六个这样的基因。

我们所做的另一件事是把斑秃症患者登记造册。当时机成熟的时候,用那种方法我们可以对照患此病人群及未患此病人群的基因组。一个倡导小组,国家斑秃基金会,N.A.A.F., 帮我们同病人们联系。

问:你们何时才有能力真正地做这项研究的?

答:2008年。这一年七月之后我们公布了我们的发现。我们的发现是运用基因组方法的首次斑秃症研究。通过对1,000名斑秃症患者和没有患斑秃症的1,000名对照组人群的基因对比检查,我们确认了这种病穿过基因的139个标记。

我们还发现了一个大惊喜。数年来,人们认为斑秃症可能会像牛皮癣和白癜风一样自身免疫性皮肤病一样是那种受人冷落的病。令人惊讶的消息是它事实上和那些病没有共享基因。它实际上与风湿性关节炎,一型糖尿病及腹腔疾病有关。

问:这个新的信息对病人意味着什么?

答:它应该有令人意想不到的益处。市场上现有针对这几种病的药物。基于交叉遗传学的理论,我们就有机会推动药物比我们想象要快得多的潜在效果临床试验。一种将会成为像已经批准的药物用于新适应症那样的方法。

另一方面,我们的研究揭露了这三种疾病与斑秃症有关的可能性。直到现在研究免疫反应如何出错方面一直是困难的,因为对胰腺及结合点活组织检查是困难的。但是现在研究者们也许能够运用患者的皮肤,一个处理起来要容易得多的器官。

该发现已经有助于诊断。在哥伦比亚,我们拥有专门治疗糖尿病和腹腔疾病的大型诊所。因为我们已经出版了自己的报纸,所以那些诊所的医生就会问病人,“你们有脱发的经历吗?”大约10% 的病人都会说,“哦,有啊,我就成撮成撮地掉过头发。”

问:您对完成这项研究有何感想?

答:当然感觉棒极了。今年夏天,我在国家斑秃基金会患者会议上说过这句话。并且第一次告诉那儿的那些年轻人有关他们基因的事情。我还没有讲完,他们就长时间起立鼓掌致敬。我对此情景热泪盈眶。后来他们之中许多人说,“我们没有想到您也患过这种病,但我们却又高兴您曾经患了这种病。”

我理解他们的指的是什么。如果没有这种情况发生,一个严肃的遗传学者可能决不会对一个他们认为的美容之类的疥癣之疾上心的。

主题

帖子

金币
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-28 17:01:05 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
本帖最后由 jamesli 于 2011-3-28 17:01 编辑

Living and Studying Alopecia
A CONVERSATION WITH ANGELA CHRISTIANO
Living and Studying Alopecia
By CLAUDIA DREIFUS
Published: December 27, 2010
Angela Christiano, 45, an associate professor of dermatology and genetics at Columbia University Medical Center, studies hair. Last summer, she announced the discovery of the genes implicated in alopecia areata, the hair-loss disease that she herself suffers from. We spoke for two hours in her Washington Heights laboratory and then later on the telephone. An edited version of the two conversations follows.

Ruth Fremson/The New York Times

HAND OF FATE Angela Christiano studied alopecia soon after her diagnosis.
Dr. Angela Christiano on living with hair loss and why treating alopecia is more than just treating a cosmetic issue.
Q. When did you first learn that you had alopecia?
A. In 1995, a time of big transitions in my life. After doing highly successful postdoctoral research on genetic blistering skin diseases at Jefferson Medical College, I’d arrived here at Columbia to start my own laboratory. I had just turned 30. I was getting a divorce. When you start your first lab, a researcher is expected to find something different from their postdoc work. For my first six months here, I sat thinking, “What am I going to do when I grow up?”
In the midst of all this, I went to a beauty parlor and the stylist said: “What’s happened here? You have a big patch of hair missing from the back of your head.” I ignored that. But the next day at the lab, I asked a colleague to take a look. She let out a bloodcurdling scream: “You have a huge bald spot!”
I immediately went over to the clinic here. They said: “Oh, you have alopecia. There’s not much we can do to treat it.”
Q. Alopecia is genetic. Do you have relatives with it?
A. My mom and her mother had hair loss from a young age. I have a cousin also who lost all of her hair. Ironically, hair is a big part of my family’s life. My grandfather was a barber in Italy and then later in New Jersey. And my mother was a hairdresser before retiring. I’m the first person in my family to go to college and graduate school: Rutgers. My mother now says, “You’re just another hair person — you just do it differently.”
Q. How did this history lead to your research?
A. In the months after my diagnosis, I went through panic and shock. Every morning, I’d wake up wondering if it was all going to fall out. And new spots did show up. I’d cover them with the most careful combing. Then there’d be a new one. It was like plugging holes in a dam. It finally stopped after two years.
I began reading all the papers on alopecia. In my training, nobody had talked much about hair. I thought maybe the reason was because it had all been figured out. When I started digging, I saw the opposite was true. I thought, “Maybe this is the hand of fate directing me to a topic? This is a wide-open field.” If I could identify the genes involved in alopecia, then maybe we could figure out what they did, and that might be the way to a treatment.
Having the chance to work it through in the lab was one of the things that kept me sane in this period of my life. The disease was very destabilizing.
Q. Why had hair loss been so minimally researched?
A. I suspect it’s because it’s seen as a “cosmetic” problem. It’s the life-threatening diseases that get priority — and money. The other problem was that in 1996, the tools weren’t ready. The Human Genome Project hadn’t finished its work. There were no road maps. Nobody had yet solved a complex disease where multiple genes are involved, which is what alopecia is.
Q. So how’d you overcome that?
A. You could see the tools were on their way. Every year, you’d go to conventions and there was excitement about what was coming. My plan was to get all the ducks in a row for when the genome was mapped. While we waited, we tried to lay some groundwork by trying to find single genes that control the normal hair growth cycle. By looking for rare hair-loss diseases where only one gene was the factor, we learned some of that. My lab found six such genes.
The other thing we did was to line up a patient registry for alopecia. That way, when the time was right, we could compare the genomes of people with the disease to those of people without it. An advocacy group, National Alopecia Areata Foundation, N.A.A.F., helped us connect with patients.
Q. When were you able to actually do the study?
A. In 2008. We published our findings this past July. Ours was the first study of alopecia to use a genome-wide approach. By checking the DNA of 1,000 alopecia patients against a control group of 1,000 without it, we identified 139 markers for the disease across the genome.
We also found a big surprise. For years, people thought that alopecia was probably the stepchild of autoimmune skin diseases like psoriasis and vitiligo. The astonishing news is that it shares virtually no genes with those. It’s actually linked to rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes 1 and celiac disease.
Q. What will this new information mean for patients?
A. It should have amazing benefits. There are existing drugs on the market for several of these diseases. Based on the overlapping genetics, we have a chance of pushing forward with clinical trials for potentially effective drugs much sooner than we’d thought. One approach would be as a new indication for an already approved drug.
Going the other way, our research opens up possibilities for the three related diseases. With them, till now it’s been hard to study aspects of how the immune response goes wrong because it is difficult to biopsy the pancreas or a joint. But now researchers might be able to use a patient’s skin, a much more accessible organ.
Already, the finding has helped with diagnosis. At Columbia, we have large clinics for diabetes and celiac disease. Since we’ve published our paper, those clinics are asking patients, “Have you experienced hair loss?” About 10 percent say, “Oh, yes, I lose hair in clumps.”
Q. What does it feel like to have accomplished this?
A. It’s wonderful, of course. This summer, I spoke at the patient conference of N.A.A.F. and told the young people there, for the first time, about their genes. Before I could finish my talk, they gave me a standing ovation. I was in tears. Many of them later said, “We wouldn’t wish this on you, but we’re glad you got this disease.”
I understood what they meant. Without it, a serious geneticist might never have given their attention to what was thought of as a cosmetic disease.

A version of this interview appeared in print on December 28, 2010, on page D2 of the New York edition.

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2011-3-28 17:57:30 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
不经意间,做了一个沙发。。。。

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2011-3-28 18:01:36 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
感谢楼主分享,文章中的安吉拉克里斯娅诺是因为自己患有遗传性脱发,才去研究脱发吗?
佩服,佩服

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2011-3-28 18:02:52 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
这样的人似乎有很多吧。 斑秃是如今最普遍的一种男性脱发了吗?

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2011-3-28 18:04:06 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
我看到的斑秃是比较普遍的,还有脂溢性脱发也不少
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

标签  新帖  sitemap

好头发网 ( 京ICP备10043121号 京公网安备11010802020008 )  

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 11:37 , Processed in 0.296645 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.