好头发论坛

找回密码
 注册
搜索
添加好头发微信:搜号码:haotoufa  查找公众号:好头发
搜索
好头发论坛 精华交流区 脱发论坛 再发一帖hairloss的帖子,仍然是关于非那的研究 ...
查看: 12790|回复: 12
go

再发一帖hairloss的帖子,仍然是关于非那的研究 [复制链接]

主题

帖子

金币

论坛元老灌水先锋分享达人终身荣誉资深会员

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-4-27 16:03:40 | 只看该作者 |倒序浏览         交流QQ群:86809880
Dr. Reddy's Generic Finasteride Led to Shedding
I have not posted on any hair loss forums in years, but wanted to come on here and warn you all about the potential dangers of choosing certain generic brands of finasteride over Propecia.

Until about one or two months ago, I had been taking brand-name Propecia regularly for about five or six years. My hair loss had stabilized, and I rarely saw any shedding whatsoever during that time. I also had a hair transplant during that time, and the result was great; basically, things were going very well, and I had forgotten about hair loss issues.

Fast forward to a couple months ago, when my pharmacy refilled my finasteride prescription as usual, but gave me Dr. Reddy's generic brand instead of the Merck brand name Propecia. At the time, I was a little bit concerned, but quickly forgot about it and took the generic Dr. Reddy's brand in the same way that I had been taking Propecia.

In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed so much shedding. It has been very upsetting. This is how my hair used to shed before I started on Propecia. I feel very upset thinking that I have lost all of the progress and hair that I had been holding onto over the last several years while taking Propecia.

You guys can go ahead and dismiss me all you want, but I am telling you the truth of my experience. Maybe different people will respond differently to this generic brand. Some of you may insist that finasteride is finasteride, and it shouldn't make a difference whether it is generic or not. I am here to tell you that, from my own experience, I am 100% convinced that Dr. Reddy's generic brand does not always work as well as brand name Propecia. So, beware: don't let yourself be lulled into feeling reassured that more shedding with a generic brand is not possible.

I just hope that I can regain the hair that I lost in the last couple months. I have already replaced the Dr. Reddy's brand with the Propecia.

Do you guys think there's any chance that my hair that was shed recently could grow back? I really hope so.

Also, I have read posts elsewhere from other people with similar experiences using Dr. Reddy's generic brand, so don't think that I am the only one.

Your hair is worth the extra money each month!!
这是原文  大概的意思就是某人用保法止的时候好好的  换了某博士的替代性非那之后效果一落千丈
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/inte ... ide-Led-to-Shedding这是网址  由于我的水平有限  其实那些人的回复当中可能有更有用的信息,有些人好像也反应出现这种现象,但有些则没有。 求翻译一下 第一页的那些回复内容 ,如果有些人真的因为非那的品牌不一样而产生不一样的效果的话,我相信这对大家的影响非常大,或许大家应该尝试其他不同的非那。。。。不过还是求翻译

主题

帖子

金币

论坛元老灌水先锋分享达人终身荣誉资深会员

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2014-4-27 16:04:55 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
Dr. Reddy's fin has been doing wonders for me cosmetically, my hair got remarkably thicker but I am still shedding a lot (like serious strands). I have never used propecia so I cant say that generic is better or vice versa. Perhaps we need to conduct a survey comparing the effectiveness between generic and propecia, that way we can know for sure.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote    Multi-Quote This Message      
April 9th, 2013, 08:09 PM #3

Hairguru, I am glad you are getting a benefit from it. It seems like different people respond differently to different medications.

I can't say how anyone else will respond, but I do know that the generic Dr. Reddy's generic hadn't worked as well for me as the Propecia had.

After I noticed a lot of shedding recently, I started reading all kinds of online hair loss forums again to see if anyone else was having similar experiences after switching to Dr Reddy's. I saw three kinds of responses to the concerns/questions about generic vs. Propecia.

1) those who will say, of course, *theoretically* there is no difference between the two, so you shouldn't worry about it. These people may or may not have firsthand experiences using both. They'll say the only difference is price and pill size.

2) those who had switched from brand name to generic and have seen no negative consequences of this switch.

3) those who have switched and HAVE seen increased shedding after switching to Dr. Reddy's. *I am in this group*

I have heard of no one saying they got superior results from generic.

My conclusion: if money isn't a big concern, and if you want to give yourself every chance of success keeping as much of your hair as possible, stick with brand name Propecia. But if money is an issue, you may want to take the chance at going generic.

The choice I made was to give myself every chance for success with the Finasteride treatment. Propecia stopped my shedding years ago and continued to work well, so I am going to stick with what works.
April 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM #4

Hey man, you are right, you definitely need to stick with what works. The thing is the reason I choose for generic is because I saw some guys having good results with proscar alone. Therefore, I immediately began using proscar in which I cut the pills in 4 parts.However, proscar (dont remember the brand) made my hair even worse than it was before after 3 months. Then I switched to Dr. reddy''s 1mg fin because I was fed up with cutting the pills. Then 8 months after using it, I noticed my hair getting back thicker. So there is definitely a difference in response to both generic brands which leads to me to conclude that one should switch if a certain brand is not working.
April 10th, 2013, 09:05 PM #5

Sorry to hear that. I've been on Dr.Reddy for over two months after being on Propecia for over 10 years and thankfully see no difference. In fact my hair seems to be in a phase where it's looking extra good. I have no clue if this is due to the generic, but my hair does in fact look a bit better since switching.

By the way, Merck now produces it's Finasteride for the US overseas. I mentioned this in another post.

If you look on your Propecia bottle (Merck) you'll see it says right on the bottle "Finasteride (Active Ingredient)-Made In UK.

This is on all my Propecia bottles which were purchased in the US at CVS.

I also have another bottle that says "Finasteride (Active Ingredient)-Made In Italy".

I don't know when Merck started doing this but all my bottles of Propecia for the last 2 years or so state right on the bottle that the very thing that makes Propecia what it is (finasteride) is now being manufactured by Merck overseas. So if people are concerned about FDA oversight not being as tight as it should be due to Dr. Reddy manufacturing generic Propecia outiside the US, going to Merck produced Propecia wouldn't really solve this concern as they too are now manufacturing their Finasteride in foreign countries for sale in the US.
April 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM #6

Well production in the uk shouldn't be anything to worry about!

- - - Updated - - -
May 11th, 2013, 01:54 PM #7

In 8/2012, had a second hair transplant performed. By 1/2013, it was filling in nicely with new hairs. In 2/2013, I switched to Dr. Reddy, after being on Propecia since 2008, and within less than two weeks, a massive shed began. I quickly switched back to Propecia but 11 weeks later, the shed continues. All of the transplanted hairs fell out and all new hairs, grow to about 1/2 inch, and fall out. My Dr. said it will return once the shed stops, which should last about 12 weeks, but it's been such a struggle 'losing' all the transplanted hairs as they grow.
May 11th, 2013, 04:44 PM #8

Quote Originally Posted by deviltaz  View Post
In 8/2012, had a second hair transplant performed. By 1/2013, it was filling in nicely with new hairs. In 2/2013, I switched to Dr. Reddy, after being on Propecia since 2008, and within less than two weeks, a massive shed began. I quickly switched back to Propecia but 11 weeks later, the shed continues. All of the transplanted hairs fell out and all new hairs, grow to about 1/2 inch, and fall out. My Dr. said it will return once the shed stops, which should last about 12 weeks, but t's been such a struggle 'losing' all the transplanted hairs as they grow.
I am no expert but it is likely that you will lose most of your transplanted hair within first 2 to 3 months and that you will see regrowth after 4-5 months. You need to be patient because it can take up to 12 months to see a real difference!
The Big Three (since Feb, 2012)

-Finasteride daily - 1mg (from Feb/2012 to 01/Sep/2013) 0.5mg (from 02/Sep/2013 - 02/Oct/2013). Proscar 2.5mg (for two weeks). Proscar/Propecia 1.5mg (Oct/2013 - present)
-Minoxidil (rogaine foam) - twice a day (from Feb/2012 to Nov/2012) once a day (from Nov/2012 - 01/Sep/2013) twice a day (02/Sep/2013 - present)
-Nizoral 1% - once every 2 to 3 days (stopped using it for a while between March/2013 to August/2013)
May 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM #9

Thanks, talmoode

Yes, I lost all the transplanted hair about 5-8 weeks after the transplant. About 3 1/2 months later, the regrowth began and was coming in nicely. It was at that point I switched to a generic (Dr. Reddy) and began experiencing a massive shed. Not only did I 'lose' the regrowth hair that came in, but all new growth that has occurred, for the past 11 weeks, has fallen out as well. My Dr. said that is to be expected as new growth is most susceptible to a telogen phase signal and will grow back.

Just curious if others had experienced this?
May 13th, 2013, 04:32 PM #10

hi! to be honest, I don't think using a generic brand for a couple of weeks would make your hair shed more than usual. I mean even if the generic brand you were using were fake, you only took it for like two weeks (not months, right?) and I guess it would take more than two weeks for your hormon to go back to normal!! I have heard people saying that their hair shed after 3 to 4 months of quitting Fin. I am pretty sure what you are experiencing is your transplanted hair shedding! Don't worry~这是第一页其他用户的回复  不过不太看得懂 机器翻译的渣 无法理解内容

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-4-27 16:11:26 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
英语霸快快现身

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-4-27 16:25:39 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
感谢楼主,从脱发开始就一直想到国外论坛看看,无奈英语不过关

主题

帖子

金币

论坛元老灌水先锋分享达人终身荣誉资深会员

楼主| 发表于 2014-4-27 22:04:04 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
真没人愿意翻译?? 我觉得那些回复里面包含了很重要的信息

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-4-28 22:24:49 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
c1216914 发表于 2014-4-27 22:04
真没人愿意翻译?? 我觉得那些回复里面包含了很重要的信息

大概看了几个,不觉得有什么用,基本上还是那句,任何药的效果都是因人而异。。。如果要翻译的话,过两天我把翻译贴上来。。。不过这回复看不出是谁和谁在说话就是了

主题

帖子

金币

论坛元老灌水先锋分享达人终身荣誉资深会员

楼主| 发表于 2014-4-29 09:30:42 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
踩到猫 发表于 2014-4-28 22:24
大概看了几个,不觉得有什么用,基本上还是那句,任何药的效果都是因人而异。。。如果要翻译的话,过两天 ...

也行啊 贴出来看看

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-4-29 12:56:46 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
以后还是多发发国外的作品,美国还是先进的..主要说的是有人默沙东几年,换成雷迪博士的FINAX,  脱发增多的探讨..其余的没什么...雷迪博士的仿制药保法止已经大量的出现在美国的药店

主题

1万

帖子

5万

金币

头发达人论坛元老灌水先锋分享达人荣誉版主终身荣誉资深会员优秀征文

发表于 2014-5-9 09:29:22 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
原来论坛这么多英语帝

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-5-14 14:40:01 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
职业灌水。。。。。。

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-5-16 10:23:10 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
无节操顶帖

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-5-19 14:54:20 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
无节操顶帖

主题

帖子

金币
发表于 2014-5-20 15:39:49 | 只看该作者         论坛脱发植发交流QQ群:86809880
无节操顶帖
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

标签  新帖  sitemap

好头发网 ( 京ICP备10043121号 京公网安备11010802020008 )  

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 21:02 , Processed in 0.248620 second(s), 35 queries , Gzip On.